Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Hollybush Station

House (Period Unassigned), Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Hollybush Station

Classification House (Period Unassigned), Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Hollybush, Station House

Canmore ID 204738

Site Number NS31SE 53

NGR NS 39208 14862

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/204738

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Collections

Administrative Areas

  • Council East Ayrshire
  • Parish Dalrymple (Cumnock And Doon Valley)
  • Former Region Strathclyde
  • Former District Cumnock And Doon Valley
  • Former County Ayrshire

Archaeology Notes

NS31SE 53 39208 14862

Station House [NAT]

OS (GIS) MasterMap, August 2009.

This intermediate station on the Dalmellington branch (from Dalrymple Junction, Ayr) of the (former) Glasgow and South Western Rly was opened (by the Ayr and Dalmellington Rly) on 7 August 1850. It closed to regular passenger traffic (with the line as a whole) on 6 April 1964.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 31 August 2009.

G Daniels and L Dench 1980; R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions