Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

In recognition of the essential restrictions and measures imposed by the Scottish and UK Governments, we have closed all sites, depots and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, with immediate effect. Read our latest statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19).

North Queensferry, Main Street, Hill House

House (19th Century)

Site Name North Queensferry, Main Street, Hill House

Classification House (19th Century)

Canmore ID 203169

Site Number NT18SW 268

NGR NT 13025 80607

Datum OSGB36 - NGR


Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2020.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Fife
  • Parish Inverkeithing
  • Former Region Fife
  • Former District Dunfermline
  • Former County Fife


Publication Account (1999)

Erected c 1800. A two-storeyed house of three bays, with a slated roof, it had a much larger extension added in the later nineteenth century. Sitting in a prominent position above the village, it was a much more prestigious property than the cottages in the original village nucleus.

Information from ‘Historic North Queensferry and the Peninsula: The Archaeological Implications of Development’ (1999).


MyCanmore Image Contributions

Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions