Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Aberdeen, 25, 27 Guild Street, Guild Street Station And Railway Offices

Crane (Period Unassigned), Office(S) (Period Unassigned), Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Aberdeen, 25, 27 Guild Street, Guild Street Station And Railway Offices

Classification Crane (Period Unassigned), Office(S) (Period Unassigned), Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) College Street; National Carriers Limited

Canmore ID 20118

Site Number NJ90NW 209

NGR NJ 9425 0600

Datum OSGB36 - NGR


Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Aberdeen, City Of
  • Parish Aberdeen
  • Former Region Grampian
  • Former District City Of Aberdeen
  • Former County Aberdeenshire

Archaeology Notes

NJ90NW 209 9425 0600

Not to be confused with GNoSR offices at 80 Guild Street (NJ 9410 0597), for which see NJ90NW 1431.

Great North of Scotland Railway Offices.

(Undated) information in NMRS.

(Location cited as NJ 943 060 and name as Guild Street Station). Built 1865-7 by the Caledonian Rly. All that remains of the first Aberdeen Station is the 2-storey, 8-bay office block with rounded-headed openings on the ground floor. Now goods offices. At the rear is a 20-ton, hand-operated swan-neck crane by Babcock and Wilson.

J R Hume 1977.

This station was formerly the terminus of the Aberdeen Rly, which entered Aberdeen from the south, and was absorbed into the Caledonian Rly. It opened on 2 August 1854, replacing that at Ferryhill (NJ90NW 334), and closed on 4 November 1967, being itself replaced by Aberdeen (Joint) Station (NJ90NW 136).

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 20 December 2000.

R V J Butt 1995.

(Location cited as NJ 943 060). Guild Street Station was demolished in 1982.

NMRS, MS/712/83.


MyCanmore Image Contributions

Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions