Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Aberdeen, Denburn Viaduct, Schoolhill Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Aberdeen, Denburn Viaduct, Schoolhill Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Canmore ID 20115

Site Number NJ90NW 206

NGR NJ 9380 0635

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/20115

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Aberdeen, City Of
  • Parish Aberdeen
  • Former Region Grampian
  • Former District City Of Aberdeen
  • Former County Aberdeenshire

Archaeology Notes

NJ90NW 206 9380 0635

(Location cited as NJ 938 063). Schoolhill Station, Denburn Viaduct. Opened 1893 by the Great North of Scotland Rly. Formerly a 2-platform through station. The offices, on the up platform, were in a 3-storey, 2- by 3-bay rustic ashlar building with a 2-storey wing entered from the viaduct at 2nd floor level.

J R Hume 1977.

This intermediate station on the Denburn Valley section of the Aberdeen-Inverness main line of the Great North of Scotland Railway was opened in 1893. It was grouped into the London and North-Eastern Rly. and closed to regular passenger traffic on 5 April 1937.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 12 May 1989.

R V J Butt 1995.

(Newspaper reference cited).

NMRS, MS/712/83.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions