Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Barrhill Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Barrhill Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Canmore ID 200204

Site Number NX28SW 58

NGR NX 22578 81648

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/200204

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Collections

Administrative Areas

  • Council South Ayrshire
  • Parish Colmonell
  • Former Region Strathclyde
  • Former District Kyle And Carrick
  • Former County Ayrshire

Archaeology Notes

NX28SW 58 22578 81648

Location formerly cited as NX 22596 81646.

Barrhill Station [NAT]

OS (GIS) AIB, July 2006.

This intermediate station on the Glasgow - Ayr - Girvan - Stranraer (main) line of the former Glasgow and South Western Rly was opened (by the Girvan and Portpatrick Junction Rly) on 5 October 1877. It closed on 7 February 1882, reopened on 16 February 1882, closed again on 12 April 1886, and reopened again on 14 June 1886. Both the station and the line remain open to regular passenger traffic.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 13 July 2006.

R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions