Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Craggan, Old Manse And Walled Garden

Manse (Period Unassigned), Walled Garden (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Craggan, Old Manse And Walled Garden

Classification Manse (Period Unassigned), Walled Garden (Period Unassigned)

Alternative Name(s) Craggan, Old Manse Of Craggan, Walled Garden And Former Steading

Canmore ID 196266

Site Number NJ13SE 37.01

NGR NJ 18838 32388

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/196266

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
© Copyright and database right 2017.

Administrative Areas

  • Council Moray
  • Parish Inveravon
  • Former Region Grampian
  • Former District Moray
  • Former County Banffshire

Accessing Scotland's Past

Designed by A & W Reid of Elgin, the manse at The Craggan dates from 1854 and stands to the south of the site of the United Free Church. It later became a farmhouse, before being converted into a private residence. It is a three-storeyed, rubble-built building, with projecting end bays. A walled garden, shown on the 1st edition of the Ordnance Survey 6-inch map of Banffshire (1872), lies to the west of the house.

Text prepared by RCAHMS as part of the Accessing Scotland's Past project at http://www.accessingscotlandspast.org.uk

Archaeology Notes

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions