Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Annbank, Annbank Brick Works

Brickworks (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Annbank, Annbank Brick Works

Classification Brickworks (Period Unassigned)

Alternative Name(s) Bairds And Dalmellington Iron Company Ltd

Canmore ID 191822

Site Number NS42SW 41

NGR NS 4091 2395

NGR Description Centred

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/191822

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Administrative Areas

  • Council South Ayrshire
  • Parish Tarbolton
  • Former Region Strathclyde
  • Former District Kyle And Carrick
  • Former County Ayrshire

Archaeology Notes

NS42SW 41.00 4091 2395

See also:-

NS42SW 41.01 4092 2393 Machine wing

NS42SW 41.02 4091 2397 Chamber continuous kiln

NS42SW 41.03 4092 2397 Chimney

NS42SW 41.04 4094 2395 Lunch room, change room, toilet

NS42SW 41.05 4088 2397 Office

Annbank Brickworks were established by Bairds and Dalmellington Iron Company Ltd in 1934. The works were taken over by the National Coal Board in 1947, and were operated by them until the formation of the Scottish Brick Corporation in 1969. The works were closed on the 15 January 1977, and had been demolished by April 1979.

Information from MS/500/44/6.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions