Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Edinburgh, 15, 17, 19, 21 Falcon Road West

Flats (19-20th Century)

Site Name Edinburgh, 15, 17, 19, 21 Falcon Road West

Classification Flats (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) 15-21 Falcon Road

Canmore ID 191563

Site Number NT27SW 3248

NGR NT 2465 7135

NGR Description NT 2461 7435 to NT 2468 7136

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/191563

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Administrative Areas

  • Council Edinburgh, City Of
  • Parish Edinburgh (Edinburgh, City Of)
  • Former Region Lothian
  • Former District City Of Edinburgh
  • Former County Midlothian

Summary Record

This block of flats forms the south wing of a U-plan developement designed by J R McKay of Dick Peddie and McKay in 1938. The flats were built on the site of Falcon Hall, demolshed in 1909. The Merchant Company of Edinburgh bought the estate. The flats are built of concrete with a slated roof. Each common stair is lit by a triangular baywindow rising above the stair entrance door. All the flats above the ground floor level have balconies accessible from the living room. The flats are arranged around three sides of a drying green to the west of which are 3 blocks of garages which originally served the flats. STG July 2014

Archaeology Notes

NT27SW 3248 2461 7435 to 2468 7136

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions