Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Aberdeen, 151, 153, 155 Union Street, Trinity Hall

Hall (19th Century)

Site Name Aberdeen, 151, 153, 155 Union Street, Trinity Hall

Classification Hall (19th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Old Trinity Hall

Canmore ID 174446

Site Number NJ90NW 1397

NGR NJ 94004 06105

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/174446

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Aberdeen, City Of
  • Parish Aberdeen
  • Former Region Grampian
  • Former District City Of Aberdeen
  • Former County Aberdeenshire

Architecture Notes

NMRS REFERENCE:

Aberdeen, Old Trinity Hall.

Architect: John & William Smith, 1846.

Brown & Watt, 1895, additions and alterations.

Convenor: Mr Gorrod.

Details of Old Chairs measured and drawn by J Addison.

Redrawn by J.R. Armstrong.

Included on sheet filed under Balmano Castle, Perthshire - Details of door.

EXTERNAL REFERENCE:

Aberdeen Public Library, Reference Department - Slides

Activities

Photographic Survey (March 1954)

Photographs of buildings in Aberdeen, by the Scottish National Buildings Record in March 1954.

Photographic Survey (April 1965)

Photographic survey of the exterior and interior of Trinity Hall, Union Street, Aberdeen, by the Scottish National Buildings Record/Ministry of Works in 1965 after the closure of McMillan's store. It was replaced by a new Trinity Hall and now forms the entrance to the Trinity Centre.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions