Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Glasgow, 21 Carlton Court, Stables

Stable (19th Century)

Site Name Glasgow, 21 Carlton Court, Stables

Classification Stable (19th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Clyde Shipping Company

Canmore ID 172443

Site Number NS56SE 1138

NGR NS 58786 64624

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/172443

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2020.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Glasgow, City Of
  • Parish Govan (City Of Glasgow)
  • Former Region Strathclyde
  • Former District City Of Glasgow
  • Former County Lanarkshire

Activities

Desk Based Assessment (14 June 2017)

The stables at Carlton Court were built about 1880-5 for the Clyde Shipping Company Ltd. The building, which comprised three storeys and a hay loft, was converted to offices in the 1980s. The Clyde Shipping Company mechanics’ shop (NS56SE 2111) shared the building.

Information from HES Survey and Recording (AMcC) 14 June 2017.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions