Glasgow, Garngad, General
- Council Glasgow, City Of
- Parish Glasgow (city Of Glasgow)
- Former Region Strathclyde
- Former District City Of Glasgow
- Former County Lanarkshire
To the east of St Rollox, on the Rosebank estate, Charles Tennant II, son of Charles Tennant of the St Rollox Chemical Works, opened Garngad Copperworks in 1866. He already owned the Tharsis Copper Mines in Spain. This was just one of many industries to develop in the area after 1860. Tenement houses were built nearby and on the Garngadhill drumlin. Garngad and Garngadhill were renamed Royston and Roystonhill by Glasgow Corporation in 1942.
Taken from "Greater Glasgow: An Illustrated Architectural Guide", by Sam Small, 2008. Published by the Rutland Press http://www.rias.org.uk