Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Stracathro House, Statue And Gardens

Statue (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Stracathro House, Statue And Gardens

Classification Statue (Period Unassigned)

Alternative Name(s) Stracathro Hospital; Stracathro House, Statue East Of Walled Garden; Stracathro House Policies

Canmore ID 168346

Site Number NO66NW 54.03

NGR NO 62313 65492

NGR Description Centred on statue plinth at NO 62313 65492

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/168346

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Angus
  • Parish Stracathro
  • Former Region Tayside
  • Former District Angus
  • Former County Angus

Archaeology Notes

NO66NW 54.03 62313 65492

Statue [NAT]

OS 1:10,000 map, 1977.

Architecture Notes

NMRS REFERENCE:

Owner: Board of Management for Angus Hospitals.

Architect: Archibald Simpson of Aberdeen, 1827. Nurses' Home, 1952.

A -style Corinthian portico with flanking columns, between blocks 2B x 2H. Wings with

Ionic antae and pediment, 7B x 1H. Fine coffered ceiling and marble columns in Main Hall.

Activities

Photographic Survey (July 1964)

Photographic survey of the exterior and interior of Stracathro House and estate, Angus, by the Ministry of Works/Scottish National Buildings Record in July 1964.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions