Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Elgin Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Elgin Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Elgin, New Station; Elgin, Highland Railway Station

Canmore ID 16596

Site Number NJ26SW 102

NGR NJ 2183 6219

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/16596

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Moray
  • Parish Elgin
  • Former Region Grampian
  • Former District Moray
  • Former County Morayshire

Archaeology Notes

NJ26SW 102.01 2183 6219

NJ26SW 102.01 NJ 219 621 Signal Box

For Elgin, Old (East) Station of the former Great North of Scotland Rly. (NJ 2209 6203), see NJ26SW 103.00.

This intermediate station on the Inverness-Aberdeen line of the Highland and Great North of Scotland Rlys was opened (by the Inverness and Aberdeen Junction Rly) on 25 March 1858. It remains in regular use by passenger traffic.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 31 October 2000.

R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions