Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Justinhaugh Bridge, Aqueducts

Aqueduct(S) (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Justinhaugh Bridge, Aqueducts

Classification Aqueduct(S) (Period Unassigned)

Alternative Name(s) Aqueducts, Craigeassie; Forfar Water Mains; River South Esk.

Canmore ID 160717

Site Number NO45NE 66

NGR NO 4620 5701

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/160717

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Angus
  • Parish Tannadice
  • Former Region Tayside
  • Former District Angus
  • Former County Angus

Archaeology Notes

NO45NE 66 4620 5701

(Location cited as NO 462 570). Aqueduucts, Craigeassie, 1879 and later. Two syphon aqueducts carrying the Forfar water mains over the River South Esk. The older of the two is of rivetted plate-girder construction, and was built by Oliver and Arrol, Edinburgh. The more recent is of lattice-girder construction. Both have ramped abutments of rustic masonry.

J R Hume 1977.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions