Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

All our staffed properties, sites and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, are currently closed, but we’re working on plans to gradually reopen. In the meantime, you can access our services online. Find out more.

Aberfeldy, Mill Street, Mill

Watermill (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Aberfeldy, Mill Street, Mill

Classification Watermill (Period Unassigned)

Alternative Name(s) Mckerchar And Mcnaughtan's Meal Mill; Aberfeldy Mill; Aberfeldy Water Mill; Moness Burn

Canmore ID 159441

Site Number NN84NE 75

NGR NN 85519 49067

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/159441

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2020.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Perth And Kinross
  • Parish Dull
  • Former Region Tayside
  • Former District Perth And Kinross
  • Former County Perthshire

Archaeology Notes

NN84NE 75.00 85519 49067

Mill [NAT]

OS (GIS) AIB, April 2008.

NN84NE 75.01 NN 85516 48790 to NN 85535 49098 Lade (Moness Burn)

NN84NE 75.02 NN 85516 48790 Sluice

(Location cited as NN 855 491). Aberfeldy Mill, built 1826. A two-storey rubble building on an L plan, with brick and wood additions. There is a pyramidal-roofed kiln with an unusual ventilator. The mill is still driven by an eight-spoke overshot wood and iron wheel about 3ft (0.91m) wide by 20ft (6.1m) diameter. The windows are, unusually, of Gothic pattern.

J R Hume 1977.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions