Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Littleferry Links

Pictish Symbol Stone (Pictish)

Site Name Littleferry Links

Classification Pictish Symbol Stone (Pictish)

Alternative Name(s) Dunrobin Museum

Canmore ID 15343

Site Number NH89NW 2.04

NGR NH 820 980

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/15343

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2022.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Highland
  • Parish Golspie
  • Former Region Highland
  • Former District Sutherland
  • Former County Sutherland

Archaeology Notes

NH89NW 2.04 820 980

See also NH89NW 2.05.

No. 4. A fragment of red sandstone, of irregular shape, found in 1880, about 2m W of Golspie, on the same line of links as the others. It measures 1ft in length, 8ins in width and 3 1/2ins in thickness, having sculptured on one face, with incised lines, the termination of a V-shaped rod and part of a crescent symbol. The ornamental termination of the V-shaped rod on this stone is remarkable for the beauty of its design.

RCAHMS 1911.

This stone (0.21m x 0.29m x 0.08m) is in Dunrobin Museum No. 14 (Accession no. 1880.10). This fits with Littleferry Links No. 5 (NH89NW 2.05).

Information from R Jones, 1980.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions