Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

We have updated our mapping software and are trying out some new background mapping layers. Please let us know what you think by clicking here.

Castlecary, Allandale Cottages

Cottage(S) (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Castlecary, Allandale Cottages

Classification Cottage(S) (Period Unassigned)

Alternative Name(s) 1-91

Canmore ID 150976

Site Number NS87NW 51

NGR NS 8018 7875

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/150976

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Falkirk
  • Parish Falkirk
  • Former Region Central
  • Former District Falkirk
  • Former County Stirlingshire

Architecture Notes

A row of workers' cottages on either side of the road, built in 1907 by John G Stein to house workers from his nearby Castlecary Fireclay Works (NS 7975 7845, NS77NE/56, operated 1902 to 1980), and named after his son, Allan. Both ranges are single-storeyed with attics, are built from red sandstone, and have pitched slate roofs. The N range's attics have south-facing dormer windows.

Information from RCAHMS

MKO 2001.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions