Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

We have updated our mapping software and are trying out some new background mapping layers. Please let us know what you think by clicking here.

Mull, Uisken

Head Dyke (Post Medieval), Township (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Mull, Uisken

Classification Head Dyke (Post Medieval), Township (Period Unassigned)

Canmore ID 148380

Site Number NM31NE 19

NGR NM 389 192

NGR Description Centred on NM 389 192

Datum OSGB36 - NGR


Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Administrative Areas

  • Council Argyll And Bute
  • Parish Kilfinichen And Kilvickeon
  • Former Region Strathclyde
  • Former District Argyll And Bute
  • Former County Argyll



A crofting township comprising seven unroofed, three partially roofed, thirty-four roofed buildings and nineteen enclosures, and a fragmentary head-dyke are depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Argyllshire, Islands of Mull, Erraid etc 1881, sheet cxvii). Twenty-two unroofed, eight roofed buildings, six enclosures and the head-dyke are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1976).

Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 5 August 1998


MyCanmore Image Contributions

Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions