Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

In recognition of the essential restrictions and measures imposed by the Scottish and UK Governments, we have closed all sites, depots and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, with immediate effect. Read our latest statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Aberdeen, Union Street, West Church Of St Andrew

Church (Period Unassigned), War Memorial (20th Century)

Site Name Aberdeen, Union Street, West Church Of St Andrew

Classification Church (Period Unassigned), War Memorial (20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Langstane Place; Langstane Kirk

Canmore ID 146915

Site Number NJ90NW 469

NGR NJ 93640 05904

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/146915

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2020.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Aberdeen, City Of
  • Parish Aberdeen
  • Former Region Grampian
  • Former District City Of Aberdeen
  • Former County Aberdeenshire

Archaeology Notes

NJ90NW 469.00 93640 05904

NJ90NW 469.01 NJ 93641 05876 Hall

Church, built 1869 by James Matthews, originally as a Free Church. Ecclesiological Gothic with a vast galleried nave, and set back from the street to form a small square. The spire is ornamented by four pinnacles at the corners, a gablet on each side, and four gothic aedicules in the lower edges of the spire. There are salient buttresses and tripartite pointed windows.

(Newspaper references cited).

NMRS, MS/712/83.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions