Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Logie Easter, Old Parish Church

Church (Post Medieval)

Site Name Logie Easter, Old Parish Church

Classification Church (Post Medieval)

Alternative Name(s) Marybank, Balnagown, White Lodge

Canmore ID 14547

Site Number NH77NE 5

NGR NH 75705 75988

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/14547

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2022.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Collections

Administrative Areas

  • Council Highland
  • Parish Logie Easter
  • Former Region Highland
  • Former District Ross And Cromarty
  • Former County Ross And Cromarty

Archaeology Notes

NH77NE 5 7570 7598

Dated 1767. Disused since about 1820. (This church succeeded that described on NH77NW 9, and was itself replaced by NH77NE 6.)

Name Book 1874.

Activities

Field Visit (October 1977)

Balnagown, Chapel NH 757 759 NH77NE

The roofless shell of this chapel stands in dense vegetation. A plain rectangular building of mortared rubble, it measures 20m from E to W by 5m transversely. A tall flat-lintelled window survives in the W gable, and the last vestiges of a splayed window in the E gable.

RCAHMS 1979, visited October 1977

(Scott 1915 , Fasti Ecclesiae Scoticanae: the Succession of Ministers in the Parish Churches of Scotland, Edinburgh, 58)

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions