Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Inverness, Bank Street, Bishop's Mission Church

Church (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Inverness, Bank Street, Bishop's Mission Church

Classification Church (Period Unassigned)

Alternative Name(s) Episcopalian; Northern Meeting Hall Rooms; Ymca

Canmore ID 142995

Site Number NH64NE 599

NGR NH 6648 4540

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/142995

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
© Copyright and database right 2017.

Administrative Areas

  • Council Highland
  • Parish Inverness And Bona
  • Former Region Highland
  • Former District Inverness
  • Former County Inverness-shire

Architecture Notes

ARCHITECT: Samuel Grant Alexander (conversion to YMCA)

Alexander Ross - alterations

A. Marshall MacKenzie - alterations

The architecture catalogue slip identifies this site as having been the Northern Meeting Hall Rooms at one stage, but at time of upgrade no reference or map was found to substantiate this.

See also: NH64NE 547 Inverness, Church Street, Northern Assembly Rooms

A YMCA was also built on the corner of High Street and Castle Street, but demolished 1955.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions