Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Bo'ness, Station

Railway Station (19th Century)

Site Name Bo'ness, Station

Classification Railway Station (19th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Seaview Place, Railway Station

Canmore ID 140919

Site Number NS98SE 85

NGR NS 99614 81615

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/140919

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Collections

Administrative Areas

  • Council Falkirk
  • Parish Bo'ness And Carriden
  • Former Region Central
  • Former District Falkirk
  • Former County West Lothian

Archaeology Notes

NS98SE 85 9962 8162

For successor Bo'ness Station (Bo'ness heritage area) of the Bo'ness and Kinneil Rly (Scottish Railway Preservation Society) at NT 004 817, see NT08SW 100.

This station was formerly the terminal station of the Bo'ness branch (from Manuel) of the former North British Rly, the line itself continuing further eastwards to Bo'ness harbour (NT08SE 101) and Bridgeness. The station was opened by the Monkland Rly on 10 June 1856 and closed to regular passenger traffic on 7 May 1956.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 9 February 1999.

R V J Butt 1995.

Activities

Characterisation

This site falls within the Corbiehall and Snab Area of Townscape Character (NS98SE 207), which was defined as part of the RCAHMS Urban Survey Programme 2013. Text relating to the historical development and topography, and present character of the Corbiehall and Snab Area of Townscape Character can be viewed at site NS98SE 207.

Information from RCAHMS (LK), January 2014

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions