Irvine, Bogside, Glasgow And South-western Railway, Bogside Station
Railway Station (19-20th Century)
Site Name Irvine, Bogside, Glasgow And South-western Railway, Bogside Station
Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)
Alternative Name(s) Bogside Race Course Station; Towns Moor; Cadgers Race Course
Canmore ID 139818
Site Number NS34SW 54
NGR NS 30997 40315
Datum OSGB36 - NGR
- Council North Ayrshire
- Parish Irvine
- Former Region Strathclyde
- Former District Cunninghame
- Former County Ayrshire
NS34SW 54 30997 40315.
Station (disused) [NAT]
OS 1:10,000 map, 1983.
Not to be confused with Bogside Station of the Caledonian Rly. (NS 3136 4042), for which see NS34SW 53.
Not to be confused with Bogside station in Fife, for which see NS99SE 7.
This intermediate station on the Kilwinning-Troon portion of the Glasgow-Ayr (main) line of the (former) Glasgow and South-Western Rly. was opened (as Bogside Station) on 23 March 1840 by the Glasgow, Paisley, Kilmarnock and Ayr Rly. It apparently reopened on 1 June 1894 and was renamed Bogside Race Course station on 30 June 1952, but reverted to the original name on 14 June 1965 before closing to regular passenger traffic on 2 January 1967.
Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 29 January 1999.
R V J Butt 1995.