Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Irvine, Bank Street, Caledonian Railway Station

Railway Station (19th Century)

Site Name Irvine, Bank Street, Caledonian Railway Station

Classification Railway Station (19th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Irvine Station; Irvine Bank Street Station; Railway Station; Terminus; A736

Canmore ID 139808

Site Number NS33NW 62

NGR NS 32330 39080

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/139808

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2021.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council North Ayrshire
  • Parish Irvine
  • Former Region Strathclyde
  • Former District Cunninghame
  • Former County Ayrshire

Archaeology Notes

NS33NW 62 32330 39080

Sta. [NAT]

OS 1:10,560 map, 1897.

Not to be confused with (Glasgow and South-Western Rly.) Irvine, Montgomery Street, Station (NS 3162 3853), for which see NS33NW 59.

NMRS REFERENCE:

Architect: ns. 1921

Plans at Darley Hay Partnership, Ayr.

(Undated) information in NMRS.

This station was the terminal station of the Kilwinning-Irvine branch of the (former) Caledonian Rly. It was opened by the Lanarkshire and Ayrshire Rly. on 2 June 1890, closed on 1 January 1917 and reopened on 1 February 1919. It was renamed Irvine Bank Street station by the London, Midland and Scottish Rly. on 2 June 1924 and closed to regular passenger traffic on 28 July 1930.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 29 January 1999.

R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions