Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Lewis, North Bragar

Township (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Lewis, North Bragar

Classification Township (Period Unassigned)

Canmore ID 137177

Site Number NB24NE 8.11

NGR NB 295 479

NGR Description From NB 2917 4787 to NB 2987 4805

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/137177

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Collections

Administrative Areas

  • Council Western Isles
  • Parish Barvas
  • Former Region Western Isles Islands Area
  • Former District Western Isles
  • Former County Ross And Cromarty

Archaeology Notes

NB24NE 8.11 centred on 295 479

A linear crofting township, comprising thirty-five roofed, three unroofed buildings and twenty-six enclosures is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Island of Lewis Ross-shire 1853, sheet 8). It has been replaced by the present crofting township shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1974) which is situated a little distance to the S of that depicted on the OS 1st edition map.

Information from RCAHMS (AKK) 18 February 1997.

NB 295 479 Site identified as part of a desk-based assessment and walk-over survey.

Jacobs, 2007.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions