Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Barassie Station

Railway Junction (19-20th Century), Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Barassie Station

Classification Railway Junction (19-20th Century), Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Barassie Junction

Canmore ID 135980

Site Number NS33SW 27

NGR NS 32901 32871

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/135980

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council South Ayrshire
  • Parish Dundonald (Kyle And Carrick)
  • Former Region Strathclyde
  • Former District Kyle And Carrick
  • Former County Ayrshire

Archaeology Notes

NS33SW 27 32901 329871

Sta [NAT]

OS 1:10,000 map, 1986.

Location formerly entered as NS 3290 3292.

This station is situated at the junction of the Glasgow-Ayr (main) line of the former Glasgow and South Western Rly with the Barassie-Kilmarnock line. It was opened by the Glasgow, Paisley, Kilmarnock and Ayr Rly. on 5 August 1839, and remains in regular passenger use.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 16 November 1998.

R V J Butt 1995.

Barassie Station [NAT]

OS (GIS) MasterMap, May 2010.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions