Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Lewis, Stiomrabhaigh

Head Dyke (Post Medieval), Township (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Lewis, Stiomrabhaigh

Classification Head Dyke (Post Medieval), Township (Period Unassigned)

Alternative Name(s) Stomervay

Canmore ID 134017

Site Number NB31SW 11

NGR NB 3468 1156

NGR Description centred on NB 3468 1156

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/134017

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Western Isles
  • Parish Lochs
  • Former Region Western Isles Islands Area
  • Former District Western Isles
  • Former County Ross And Cromarty

Activities

Note

A township comprising one unroofed, twenty roofed buildings, five and a head-dyke enclosures is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Ross-shire, Island of Lewis 1855, sheet 42). Fourteen unroofed buildings, four enclosures and the fragmentary remains of the head-dyke are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1972).

Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 27 June 1997

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions