Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Harris, Rhenigidale

Head Dyke (Post Medieval), Township (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Harris, Rhenigidale

Classification Head Dyke (Post Medieval), Township (Period Unassigned)

Canmore ID 133901

Site Number NB20SW 3

NGR NB 228 018

NGR Description centred on NB 228 018

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/133901

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Administrative Areas

  • Council Western Isles
  • Parish Harris
  • Former Region Western Isles Islands Area
  • Former District Western Isles
  • Former County Inverness-shire

Activities

Note

A township comprising eleven roofed, two unroofed buildings, six enclosures and a head-dyke is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Inverness-shire, Island of Harris 1882, sheet xiv). The head-dyke is joined to that of the township of Gary-aloteger (NB20SW 2) to the W and also separates Rhenigidale from Gary-aloteger.

Twelve roofed, fourteen unroofed buildings, five enclosures and some field walls are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1972).

Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 26 February 1997

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions