Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Peterhead Power Station

Power Station (20th Century)

Site Name Peterhead Power Station

Classification Power Station (20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Peterhead Harbour

Canmore ID 121786

Site Number NK14SW 75

NGR NK 1278 4313

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/121786

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2020.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Aberdeenshire
  • Parish Peterhead
  • Former Region Grampian
  • Former District Banff And Buchan
  • Former County Aberdeenshire

Archaeology Notes

NK14SW 75 1278 4313

Peterhead Power Station [NAT]

OS 1:10,000 map, 1983.

This is a large site on which has been built two power stations. The earliest one is an oil/gas fired station. The second, a gas-turbine generating station, was built following privatisation of the Scottish Hydro Board, and the de-regulation of electricity generation in the 1990s. This survey was carried out in order to enhance the National Monuments Record of Scotland holdings.

Visited by RCAHMS (MKO), January 1998.

The oil/gas fired station was designed and constructed in 1978, by the architectural firm of Robert Matthew Johnson Marshall and Partners.

C McKean 1990.

Activities

Photographic Survey (15 March 2013)

Photographed on behalf of the Buildings of Scotland publilcations 2013-14.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions