Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Edinburgh, 39 Holyrood Road, Moray House College Of Education

School (19th Century), Training College (20th Century)

Site Name Edinburgh, 39 Holyrood Road, Moray House College Of Education

Classification School (19th Century), Training College (20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) South Back Of Canongate; Pattersons Land; Moray House Institute Of Education; Union Building; Bongo Club

Canmore ID 121435

Site Number NT27SE 1756

NGR NT 26439 73620

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/121435

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Edinburgh, City Of
  • Parish Edinburgh (Edinburgh, City Of)
  • Former Region Lothian
  • Former District City Of Edinburgh
  • Former County Midlothian

Architecture Notes

NT27SE 1756.00 NT 26438 73619

NT27SE 1756.01 NT 26406 73709 Thomson's land / Demonstration School

NT27SE 1756.02 NT 26374 73678 Reception / Nursery School

For Elements of Moray House within the same area see

NT27SE 29.00

Activities

Project (1997)

The Public Monuments and Sculpture Association (http://www.pmsa.org.uk/) set up a National Recording Project in 1997 with the aim of making a survey of public monuments and sculpture in Britain ranging from medieval monuments to the most contemporary works. Information from the Edinburgh project was added to the RCAHMS database in October 2010 and again in 2012.

The PMSA (Public Monuments and Sculpture Association) Edinburgh Sculpture Project has been supported by Eastern Photocolour, Edinburgh College of Art, the Edinburgh World Heritage Trust, Historic Scotland, the Hope Scott Trust, The Old Edinburgh Club, the Pilgrim Trust, the RCAHMS, and the Scottish Archive Network.

Field Visit (11 November 2002)

Scroll with date and open book with bookmark.

Inspected By : A.Campbell

Inscriptions : 1913

Signatures : None

Design period : 1910-1913

Year of unveiling : 1913

Information from Public Monuments and Sculpture Association (PMSA Work Ref : EDIN0812)

Field Visit (11 November 2002)

Entrance gates with gold and black groups of fruit and nuts, and one gold bird.

Inspected By : A. Campbell

Inscriptions : None

Signatures : None

Information from Public Monuments and Sculpture Association (PMSA Work Ref : EDIN0813)

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions