Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Strathcarron Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Strathcarron Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Canmore ID 12041

Site Number NG94SW 7

NGR NG 9421 4217

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/12041

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Highland
  • Parish Lochcarron
  • Former Region Highland
  • Former District Ross And Cromarty
  • Former County Ross And Cromarty

Archaeology Notes

NG94SW 7.00 9421 421 7

NG94SW 7.01 NG 9424 4213 Signal box

NG94SW 7.02 NG 9421 4211 Signal box

NG94SW 7.03 NG 9422 4211 Footbridge

(Location cited as NG 943 422) Strathcarron Station, opened 1870 by the Dingwall & Skye Rly. A two-platform through station with the main offices in a two-storey harled building on the up platform, with three gables on the platform side. The lattice-girder footbridge was built in 1900 by the Rose Street Foundry, Inverness.

J R Hume 1977.

This intermediate station on the Inverness - Beauly - Kyle of Lochalsh line of the former Highland Rly was opened on 19 August 1870 (by the Dingwall and Skye Rly). It remains in regular use by passenger traffic.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 9 October 2000.

R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions