Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Maud Station

Railway Station (19th Century)

Site Name Maud Station

Classification Railway Station (19th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Brucklay Station; New Maud Junction Station; Maud Junction Station

Canmore ID 120127

Site Number NJ94NW 53

NGR NJ 9258 4787

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/120127

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2021.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Aberdeenshire
  • Parish New Deer
  • Former Region Grampian
  • Former District Banff And Buchan
  • Former County Aberdeenshire

Archaeology Notes

NJ94NW 53 9258 4787

Not to be confused with (later) Brucklay station on Fraserburgh line (NJ 9268 5047), for which see NJ95SW 20.00.

Sta (dis) [NAT]

OS 1:10,000 map, 1972.

(Location cited as NJ 927 478). Maud Station. Opened 1861 by the Formartine & Buchan Rly, becoming a junction in 1865. Formerly a 4-platform junction station. The main offices, in a single-storey rubble building in the angle of the junction, survive, as does an unusual single-storey wooden goods office.

J R Hume 1977.

This station was situated at the junction of the Dyce-Fraserburgh branch line of the Great North of Scotland Rly. with the Peterhead branch. It was opened as Brucklay Station (by the Formartine and Buchan Rly.) on 18 July 1861 and successively renamed New Maud Junction (on 24 April 1865), Maud Junction (in April 1866) and Maud (on 21 September 1925). It closed to regular passenger traffic on 4 October 1965.

R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions