Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Edinburgh, 109 - 115 High Street

Public House (Period Unassigned), Shop(S) (Period Unassigned), Tenement (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Edinburgh, 109 - 115 High Street

Classification Public House (Period Unassigned), Shop(S) (Period Unassigned), Tenement (Period Unassigned)

Alternative Name(s) Bailie Fyfe's Close; Morrison's Close

Canmore ID 115194

Site Number NT27SE 1107

NGR NT 26010 73693

Datum OSGB36 - NGR


Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Edinburgh, City Of
  • Parish Edinburgh (Edinburgh, City Of)
  • Former Region Lothian
  • Former District City Of Edinburgh
  • Former County Midlothian


Project (1997)

The Public Monuments and Sculpture Association ( set up a National Recording Project in 1997 with the aim of making a survey of public monuments and sculpture in Britain ranging from medieval monuments to the most contemporary works. Information from the Edinburgh project was added to the RCAHMS database in October 2010 and again in 2012.

The PMSA (Public Monuments and Sculpture Association) Edinburgh Sculpture Project has been supported by Eastern Photocolour, Edinburgh College of Art, the Edinburgh World Heritage Trust, Historic Scotland, the Hope Scott Trust, The Old Edinburgh Club, the Pilgrim Trust, the RCAHMS, and the Scottish Archive Network.

Field Visit (14 August 2002)

High relief carving of a large rose on a stem.

Tenement at 109-119 High Street built in 1902 by Alexander W. Macnaughtan.

Inspected By : D. King

Inscriptions : None Visible

Signatures : None Visible

Design period : 1902

Information from Public Monuments and Sculpture Association (PMSA Work Ref : EDIN0766)


MyCanmore Image Contributions

Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions