Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Kemnay Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Kemnay Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Station Road

Canmore ID 112548

Site Number NJ71NW 49

NGR NJ 7298 1583

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/112548

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Collections

Administrative Areas

  • Council Aberdeenshire
  • Parish Kemnay
  • Former Region Grampian
  • Former District Gordon
  • Former County Aberdeenshire

Archaeology Notes

NJ71NW 49 7298 1583

This intermediate station on the Kintore Junction to Alford branch was opened by the Alford Valley Rly. on 25 March 1859. This line was later incorporated into the Great North of Scotland Rly, grouped into the London and North-Eastern Rly, and closed to regular passenger traffic on 2 January 1951.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 2 April 1998.

G Daniels and L Dench 1980; R V J Butt 1995.

Architecture Notes

NJ71NW 49 7298 1583

Highland Railway

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions