Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Westhall, Home Farm

Farmhouse (19th Century), Farmstead (19th Century)

Site Name Westhall, Home Farm

Classification Farmhouse (19th Century), Farmstead (19th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Westhall House Policies

Canmore ID 112480

Site Number NJ62NE 10.01

NGR NJ 6730 2673

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/112480

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Aberdeenshire
  • Parish Oyne
  • Former Region Grampian
  • Former District Gordon
  • Former County Aberdeenshire

Archaeology Notes

Site Management (6 March 2008)

Farm buildings enclosing a square courtyard on four sides. Rubble with slate roofs, several of which have been re-roofed in a mixture of materials. Originally owned by the Diocese of Aberdeen, Westhall passed to the Gordon family after the Reformation. In 1681 it was purchased by the Rev. James Horne, Vicar of Elgin, who extended it and briefly renamed it Horne Castle. In 1860 Westhall passed to the Leith family, who owned the estate until 1944.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions