Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Tain, Shandwick Street, Tain Parish Church

Church (19th Century)

Site Name Tain, Shandwick Street, Tain Parish Church

Classification Church (19th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Tain, Shandwick Street, Duthac Centre; St Duthus Parish Church; Stafford Street, Tain Parish Church

Canmore ID 109521

Site Number NH78SE 168

NGR NH 78215 81887

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/109521

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Highland
  • Parish Tain
  • Former Region Highland
  • Former District Ross And Cromarty
  • Former County Ross And Cromarty

Architecture Notes

Site bounded by Stafford Street, Shandwick Street and Knockbreck Street.

ARCHITECT: James Smith, Inverness 1814-built by Mitchells of Aberdeen

Activities

Publication Account (2009)

Designed by James Smith as the new parish church, and built between 1811 and 1814, at the heart of the grid-plan early nineteenth-century new town.

Information from ‘The Scottish Burgh Survey, Historic Tain: Archaeology and Development’, (2009).

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions