Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Nethy Bridge Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Nethy Bridge Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Nethybridge Railway Station; Abernethy Station

Canmore ID 108998

Site Number NJ02SW 26

NGR NJ 0008 2072

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/108998

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Highland
  • Parish Abernethy And Kincardine
  • Former Region Highland
  • Former District Badenoch And Strathspey
  • Former County Inverness-shire

Archaeology Notes

NJ02SW 26.00 NJ 0008 2072

NJ02SW 26.01 NJ 00075 20707 Station Cottage

For railway bridge over River Nethy (adjacent to SW), see NJ02SW 85.

Station (GNoSR) opened from Dufftown 1.7.1863 (Strathspey Railway), closed 18.10.1965.

(Undated) information in NMRS.

(Location cited as NJ 001 206). Nethy Bridge Station, opened 1863 by the Strathspey Rly. An attractive single-storey rubble building, with wood and glass central portion. Disused.

J R Hume 1977.

This intermediate station on the Boat of Garten - Carigellachie ('Speyside') line of the former Great North of Scotland Rly was opened (as Abernethy Station) by the Strathspey Rly on 1 July 1863. It was renamed Nethy Bridge station on 1 November 1867 and closed to regular passenger traffic on 18 October 1965.

Inbformation from RCAHMS (RJCM), 14 December 2000.

R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions