Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Invergordon, Joss Street

Garage (20th Century), Power Station (First World War), Pump House (First World War)

Site Name Invergordon, Joss Street

Classification Garage (20th Century), Power Station (First World War), Pump House (First World War)

Alternative Name(s) Munro's Garage

Canmore ID 107072

Site Number NH76NW 63

NGR NH 70958 68663

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/107072

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2021.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Highland
  • Parish Rosskeen
  • Former Region Highland
  • Former District Ross And Cromarty
  • Former County Ross And Cromarty

Archaeology Notes

NH76NW 63 7092 6866

CFA/MORA Coastal Assessment Survey 1998.

Activities

Field Visit (2015)

This brick and metal clad building dates from World War 1 and was a former plant house for the former Royal Navy Fuel Depot to the north. The crane within the building is original, in use and dates from 1916 (The Vaughan Crane Co. Ltd Manchester).

Information from HES (MMD), 12 October 2015.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions