Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Glenshian Lodge

House (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Glenshian Lodge

Classification House (Period Unassigned)

Alternative Name(s) Glenshian Lodge Hotel; Glenshian House

Canmore ID 106714

Site Number NM78SE 5

NGR NM 7704 8223

Datum OSGB36 - NGR


Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Highland
  • Parish Arisaig And Moidart
  • Former Region Highland
  • Former District Lochaber
  • Former County Inverness-shire

Recording Your Heritage Online

Glenshian (formerly Glenaylort), mid-18th century and later Tacksman's house, later a fishing/shooting lodge for Inverailort, built in three distinct phases. The earliest range to the north contains the present kitchen and dining room. This was enlarged in 1874 with the former dining room wing at right angles, which was extended southwards in the 1890s to accommodate a panelled staircase and drawing room. Requisitioned as a field hospital during the Second World War, it served as an inn for 40 years from 1947, and in 1997 was refurbished as a shooting lodge.

Taken from "Western Seaboard: An Illustrated Architectural Guide", by Mary Miers, 2008. Published by the Rutland Press


MyCanmore Image Contributions

Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions