Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Glenfinnan, Roman Catholic Church Of Our Lady And St Finnan

Church (19th Century)

Site Name Glenfinnan, Roman Catholic Church Of Our Lady And St Finnan

Classification Church (19th Century)

Alternative Name(s) St Mary And St Finnan's Chapel; Glenfinnan, Roman Catholic Church Of Our Lady And St Finnan And Belfry.

Canmore ID 106618

Site Number NM98SW 10

NGR NM 90352 80832

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/106618

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2021.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Highland
  • Parish Arisaig And Moidart
  • Former Region Highland
  • Former District Lochaber
  • Former County Inverness-shire

Recording Your Heritage Online

Church of Our Lady and St. Finnan (RC), Edward Welby Pugin, 1873-4 A late ornate Geometric work, with foliated capitals on polished granite columns and an octagonal stone font with a steep, crocketted canopy. The chancel gable, pierced with a glorious traceried wheel, stands proud of the nave. Funding did not stretch to the completion of the intended tower; instead an Irish bell hangs in a low churchyard belfry.

Taken from "Western Seaboard: An Illustrated Architectural Guide", by Mary Miers, 2008. Published by the Rutland Press http://www.rias.org.uk

Archaeology Notes

NM98SW 10 90352 80832

St Mary and St Finnan's Chapel [NAT]

OS (GIS) MasterMap, October 2010.

Architect: E. Welby Pugin. Consecrated 1870.

(Undated) information in NMRS.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions