Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Invermoriston, Church Of Scotland

Church (20th Century)

Site Name Invermoriston, Church Of Scotland

Classification Church (20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Glenmoriston Parish Church

Canmore ID 104505

Site Number NH41NW 12

NGR NH 41883 16909

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/104505

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
© Copyright and database right 2017.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Highland
  • Parish Urquhart And Glenmoriston
  • Former Region Highland
  • Former District Inverness
  • Former County Inverness-shire

Site Management (19 November 1997)

Gothic. Rectangular church orientated W-E with canted apse at W gable and square, 2-storey tower at E. Harled with contrasting painted tooled ashlar dressings.

Church erected in 1913 by endowment of Harriet Morrison, daughter of James Murray Grant of Glenmoriston in memory of her husband, Frank Morrison of Farnwood, Ascot, Berkshire. Present building replaced earlier picture of which survives in vestry. (Historic Scotland)

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions