Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

We have updated our mapping software and are trying out some new background mapping layers. Please let us know what you think by clicking here.

Wormit, Naughton Road, Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Wormit, Naughton Road, Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Wormit Station

Canmore ID 100953

Site Number NO32NE 31

NGR NO 3963 2627

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/100953

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Collections

Administrative Areas

  • Council Fife
  • Parish Forgan
  • Former Region Fife
  • Former District North East Fife
  • Former County Fife

Archaeology Notes

NO32NE 31 3963 2627

Location formerly cited as NO 396 263.

Station opened 1.5.1889 and closed 5.5.1969

The Tay Bridge opened 20.4.1887.

(Undated) information in NMRS.

The footbridge from this station has been placed in preservation and reuse at the Bo'ness Station (NT08SW 100) of the Bo'ness and Kinneil Rly (premises of the Scottish Railway Preservation Society).

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 7 June 2006.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions