Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

All our staffed properties, sites and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, are currently closed, but we’re working on plans to gradually reopen. In the meantime, you can access our services online. Find out more.

Site Management

Date 5 November 2014

Event ID 994520

Category Management

Type Site Management

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/994520

Tall, narrow two storey warehouse with gable to Burn Street, with pitched, slated roof over. Single bay, rendered gable to Burns Street. Four bays to North elevation, hoist-door style opening to right-most bay. Brick construction in the main, earlier photographs of the site held with RCAHMS archives, show the front elevation with rubble construction at ground floor level with brick above. Some rubble construction is evident to footings of North gable also. The footprint of the building may appear of the 1819 John Wood Plan of the towns of Dumfries and Maxwelltown, as part of an L-shaped building continuing to the rear of Burn's House.

People and Organisations

References