Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Note

Date 12 December 2012

Event ID 932375

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Note

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/932375

The 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Argyllshire 1875) depicts and annotates a school which the OS Name Book states had a average attendance of 25 pupils. In 1887 Kamallie parish rented the former school as a poor house and is shown on the 2nd edition of the OS 6-inch map annotated Poorhouse. In 1904 it could accomdate eight residents. Map evidence would suggest that the building was extended to the W some time after the 2nd edition map.

Information from RCAHMS (AKK)12 December 2012.

People and Organisations

References