Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset


Date 8 March 2012

Event ID 887036

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Note


This ruinous farmstead comprises two buildings, one forming the ESE end of a rectangular enclosure, with an short outshot or extension attached to its WNW side and running part way along the inside of the SSW side of the enclosure. The second, smaller, building is attached to the inside face of the enclosure wall immediately W. A second enclosure, irregular on plan, conjoins the NW corner of the first.

Other than the outshot or extension, both buildings are depicted roofed on the 1st edition of the OS 25-inch map (Inverness Mainland 1881, Sheet XI.13), surveyed in 1868, and roofless on the 2nd edition (1904, Sheet XI.13).

Information from RCAHMS (GFG) 8 March 2012

People and Organisations