Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Due to planned maintenance, there may be some disruption to this service between 7am and 9am on the 6th of October. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Architecture Notes

Event ID 829824

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Architecture Notes

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/829824

Opened in 1939 on the site of a former variety hall. Designed by T Bowhill Gibson, architects, the last large cinema built in the city. Reconstructed in 1954 and renamed The George (see also NT37SW 978). Closed as a cinema in 1974 and converted into a bingo hall.

B Thomas 1984

People and Organisations

References