Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Architecture Notes

Event ID 828267

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Architecture Notes

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/828267

NM76SE 26 79315 60012

NM 7940 6010

Achleek House was built by Allan MacDougall in around 1807. It is harled white and has a slated roof, and is three bays wide and two storeys high. A central doorway is reached by four modern concrete steps. The upper windows are square and smaller than the lower windows. The slightly overhanging eaves and exposed roof timbers highlight the start of a change in house design during the early 19th century. The wall built onto the west side of the house suggests the original presence of a small single storey pavilion or an enclosed yard.

D Maudlin 2003

For Laudale House and associated sites, see NM75NW 5.00.

People and Organisations

References