Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

In recognition of the essential restrictions and measures imposed by the Scottish and UK Governments, we have closed all sites, depots and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, with immediate effect. Read our latest statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Architecture Notes

Event ID 802725

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Architecture Notes

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/802725

NS07NW 27 0018 7568

Depicted on the 1st edition of the O.S. 6-inch map (Argyllshire), 1869, sheet clxxxii.

Information from RCAHMS (SM), 25th February 2000.

Demolished 1960.

Information from RCAHMS (DE), January 2002

The house and grounds were requisitioned in World War II for the training of landing craft navigators. A small camp of Nissen huts was built and situated to the immediate NE of the house.

Known as HMS James Cook.

Information from RCAHMS (DE), November 2009

People and Organisations

References