Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Archaeology Notes

Event ID 797348

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Archaeology Notes

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/event/797348

NT75SE 150 7865 5360

Mercat Cross (NAT)

OS 25"map, Duns, (1970).

Records show that there was a market cross at Duns in the 16th century. The last cross was erected in 1792 near the centre of the Market Square. It was taken down in 1816 to make way for the new Town Hall (NT 7853 5389), but it was not re-erected on its present site, in the public park, until 1897.

W Renton 1978.

People and Organisations

References