Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Architecture Notes

Event ID 793540

Category Descriptive Accounts

Type Architecture Notes


NT27NE 752 26822 76475

Quayside Mills [NAT]

OS (GIS) MasterMap, July 2010.

See also:

NT27NE 82 NT 26754 76497 North Leith Burial Ground

NT27NE 829 NT 26837 76478 St Ninian's Church and Manse (incorporated into McGregor and Co Quayside Mills)

Quayside Mills incorporate parts of the old St. Ninian's or North Leith Church and Manse. The 4 storey block at the East end of the complex is the heavily reconstructed church.

Edinburgh, Quayside Street, St. Ninian's Church and manse.

National Library.

Builder's Journal, August 23rd 1899.

'Water Colour sketches, Series of, By Thomas Brown, Advocate'

Vol II No 40.

Ref Adv 34.8.1-3.

(Undated) information in NMRS.

(Location cited as NT 268 765). Quayside Mills, Quayside Street, 18th century and later. An interesting group of brick and rubble buildings, the oldest of which are four-storey and attic rubble blocks, one with a tower having a wooden top of a traditional Scottish design. The brick buildings consist of a 3-storey and attic, 6-bay mill block, and a 5-storey and attic, 6-bay store. The circular-section brick chimney is now demolished.

J R Hume 1976.

People and Organisations